The 2004 Legislature passed legislation which standardized early voting throughout the state. Early voting is defined as "casting a ballot prior to election day at a location designated by the Supervisor of Elections and depositing the voted ballot in the tabulation system". We offer early voting in the Main Office of the Supervisor of Elections in Lake City at 971 W. Duval Street (corner of Baya and US Highway 90) and at the Fort White Community Center (branch office of the Supervisor of Elections) at 17579 SW State Road 47.
Per Florida Statute 101.043, voters who want to vote early or at the polls need to bring photo and signature identification with them.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Florida Driver's License
- Florida Identification Card (issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles)
- United States Passport
- Debit or Credit Card
- Military Identification
- Student Identification
- Retirement Center Identification
- Neighborhood Association Identification
- Public Assistance Identification
- Veteran Health Identification Card (issued by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs)
- A license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s. 790.06
- Employee identification card issued by any branch department, agency or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county or a municipality.
Note: If the picture identification does not contain the signature of the voter, an additional identification that is signed by the voter is required.
2020 Primary Election
August 8 - August 15 8:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
2020 General Election
October 22 - October 31 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m in Lake City and 8:30 am - 6:00 pm in Fort White.